PRO SOCCER NEWS AND RESOURCES FROM TORONTO AND BEYOND
- VANCOUVER, BC – Leading the way.Ryan Gauld was officially named captain of Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Friday in a presentation at the club's 2024 S… – MLS Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- FC Cincinnati Deliver Historic Victory in Concacaf Debut Despite All the Challenges That Surrounded ItIt was not the greatest performance in club history. Pat Noonan defined his team's output as a "mixed bag." But it was a unique night for The Orange a… – MLS FC Cincinnati
- RENTON, WASH. – Following a 2023 season that saw Seattle Sounders FC finish second in the Western Conference and advance to the Western Conference Sem… – MLS Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC announced today that defender Lorenzo Dellavalle suffered a tear of his right anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) during the LAFC preseason. Dellava… – MLS Los Angeles FC
- Toronto FC announced today that the club has placed forward Adama Diomande on waivers.Diomande, 34, joined Toronto FC ahead of the 2023 Major Leag… – MLS Toronto FC
- HOUSTON – Houston Dynamo FC open MLS regular season play versus historic rivals Sporting Kansas City at Shell Energy Stadium on Saturday, Feb. 24, wi… – MLS Houston Dynamo FC
- COLUMBUS – Columbus Crew have loaned defender Keegan Hughes to USL Championship side Loudoun United FC. The Crew retain the right to recall Hughes at … – MLS Columbus Crew SC
- Charlotte FC enter the club's third season with a new coach at the helm: Dean Smith. The Englishman's squad will look to continue their preseason mome… – MLS Charlotte FC
- The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) kickoff Season 7 as they host the Seattle Sounders in the club's season opening match of the 2024 MLS Regular S… – MLS Los Angeles FC
- Toronto FC announced today that the club has signed French defender Nicksoen Gomis from English club Sheffield United FC to a two-year deal through 20… – MLS Toronto FC
- ORLANDO, Florida – CF Montréal kicks off its 13th MLS regular season on Saturday against Orlando City SC at 7:30pm EST at Inter&Co Stadium (MLS S… – MLS Club de Foot Montreal
- After a convincing win over Moca FC in the Concacaf Champions League, the Boys in Gold turn their attention to Major League Soccer action. Nashville S… – MLS Nashville SC
- Houston Dynamo FC Announce Virtual English Stream and Spanish Radio Broadcast Details for 2024 SeasonHOUSTON – Houston Dynamo FC fans can tune in to local broadcasts in English and Spanish of select games throughout the 2024 campaign.Glenn Davis … – MLS Houston Dynamo FC
- GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. – Minnesota United announced today that the club has signed defender Morris Duggan to a one-year deal, with club options for 2025… – MLS Minnesota United FC
- Sporting Kansas City will kick off the club's highly anticipated 2024 season on the road against the Houston Dynamo at 7:30 p.m. CT on Saturday at She… – MLS Sporting Kansas City
- Africa: CAF Champions LeagueASEC Mimosas 0 – 0 SimbaAl Hilal Omdurman 0 – 0 Petro de LuandaMedeama 0 – 1 Al AhlyAlgeria: Ligue 1US Biskra 0 – 1 NC MagraBen Aknoun 2 – 0 SaouraAngola: GirabolaKabuscorp 4 – 0 Recreativo do LiboloArgentina: Prim B NacionalTalleres Remedios 0 – 1 Estudiantes CaserosArmenia: Premier LeagueAlashkert 0 – 1 VanArarat-Armenia 3 – 1 PyunikAustralia: A-LeagueBrisbane Roar 2 – 2 Western UnitedSydney II 2 – 0 Manly UnitedGold Coast Knights 9 – 0 WolvesModbury Jets 2 – 3 Para Hills KnightsGreen Gully 4 – 1 Manningham United BluesMelbourne Knights 3 – 3 AvondaleAzerbaijan: Premyer […]
- Noah 1 – 1 UrartuShirak 1 – 0 BKMAAsia: AFC Champions LeagueAl Hilal 3 – 1 SepahanAl Ittihad 2 – 1 NavbahorBolivia: LFPBGualberto Villarroel SJ 2 – 2 Jorge WilstermannOriente Petrolero 0 – 2 BolívarRoyal Pari 0 – 1 Nacional PotosíBrazil: Copa do BrasilCianorte 0 – 3 CorinthiansReal Noroeste 1 – 4 CuiabáUnião Rondonópolis 1 – 3 Atlético GoianienseRio Branco 0 – 0 CRBÁguia de Marabá 3 – 2 CoritibaCameroon: Elite ONEFortuna Mfou 0 – 2 GazelleUnion Douala 2 – 1 Les AstresUMS de Loum 1 – 0 Victoria UnitedAPEJES Academy 0 – 0 Avion AcademyColombia: Primera ADeportes Tolima 0 […]
- Angola: GirabolaAcadémica do Lobito 0 – 0 WilieteUnião de Malanje 0 – 0 Desportivo HuílaArgentina: Prim B MetroLiniers 0 – 0 Deportivo MerloComunicaciones 4 – 1 Deportivo LaferrereAsia: AFC Champions LeagueAl Ain 2 – 1 NasafAl Nassr 2 – 0 Al FayhaVentforet Kofu 1 – 2 UlsanYokohama F. Marinos 1 – 0 Bangkok UnitedBolivia: LFPBThe Strongest 3 – 0 Real Santa CruzUniversitario de Vinto 1 – 0 GuabiráBrazil: Copa do BrasilSousa 2 – 0 CruzeiroAnápolis 1 – 0 TombenseManauara 1 – 2 RetrôRíver 1 – 1 Ypiranga RSAudax Rio 0 – 0 Portuguesa RJTreze 1 – 1 ABCIndependente AP 0 […]
- Even with Messi and other aging former Barcelona stars joining the ranks, MLS is getting younger
- A ruling by a European court has given some MLS owners revived hopes of leaving the U.S. Open Cup
- Federico is a different player to his father, Argentina legend Fernando, but they share some similarities on the pitch
- The Athletic has obtained the list of referee assignments for this weekend’s Major League Soccer games, which includes officials with widely varying degrees of experience. While some have been involved extensively in matches in the second and third divisions of the U.S. Soccer pyramid, others are making the leap from the uppermost levels of youth soccer. Some of the assistant referees have largely worked college games. MLS has been forced to play games with replacement officials after the Professional Referees Organization (PRO) could not come to terms with the Professional Soccer…
- The new looks across MLS this season conjure up everything from the streets to the stars
- The World Cup-winning goalkeeper discusses a difficult last few months at Spurs, the club's lack of trophies, and his move to MLS with LAFC
- Manchester United assistant Eric Ramsay has agreed a deal to become the new head coach of Minnesota United, sources briefed on the deal tell The Athletic. Ramsay is expected to depart his role at United for Minnesota after the Premier League side’s fixture against rivals Manchester City on March 3. The Athletic reported on Monday that Minnesota was closing in on naming Ramsay their head coach, and though it has not been finalised yet, the deal is nearing completion. Minnesota kick off their 2024 MLS season on Saturday against Austin FC. They face reigning champions Columbus Crew on March…
- The designated players arriving in time for match week one and those who may not
- Argentina will play two friendlies in the United States in March after their planned games in China were cancelled due to Lionel Messi’s absence in Hong Kong. The 2022 World Cup winners will play El Salvador at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia on March 22, before facing Nigeria at the LA Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles on March 26. El Salvador replace the Ivory Coast, who Argentina was originally scheduled to play in one of the two friendlies. The two friendlies against Nigeria and Ivory Coast in China were cancelled this month after Messi failed to appear in an Inter […]
- Inter Miami put their disappointing preseason tour of Asia behind them with a 2-0 win over Real Salt Lake in their MLS regular-season opener Wednesday. Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez each provided an assist on the night. Suárez hobbled and battled for 90 minutes in his MLS debut. All eyes will be on Inter Miami this season with MLS Cup or bust expectations the only measure of success for the Fort Lauderdale-based club. With Messi now fully fit after an adductor injury limited his preseason action, Inter Miami was the aggressor in the first half. They dominated possession as a […]
- Garber took aim at the PSRA and criticism of MLS' attempt to limit its first-team involvement in the Open Cup
- Executive producer describes what it's like to capture Messi's life on film.
- Squabbles with China aside, Inter Miami's preparations to capitalize on Messi's arrival are now paying off
- Plus, the staff makes a few bold predictions.
- On the night that Luis Suarez made his MLS debut, Miami got goals from Robert Taylor and Diego Gomez to take their first win of the 2024 season
- After a new deal for referees failed to be reached, Inter Miami and Real Salt Lake will start the new season with stand-in officials
- Will Inter Miami make the postseason? Is this the year Thiago Almada breaks the MLS transfer record?
- Dest, Tillman and Pepi speak to The Athletic about their hopes for an unbeaten season at PSV – and featuring at the World Cup
- Former Leeds United head coach Jesse Marsch says he wants to manage in the Premier League again. The American has been without a job since being sacked as Leeds United head coach in February 2023. Despite being previously linked to Southampton and Leicester City, the 50-year-old has yet to take up a new managerial role since leaving Elland Road, but hopes to return to the top flight in the future. Speaking on Sky Sports, he said: “I love the Premier League and I love the power of what the league means globally, but honestly the true answer is I want […]
- When D.C. United opens its season on Saturday against the New England Revolution, it will do so with less fanfare than normal. Four of United’s officially-recognized supporters’ groups — District Ultras, Rose Room Collective, 202 Unique and Buzzard Point Social — are planning a four-match protest at the onset of United’s season in response to the club’s preseason visit to Saudi Arabia. A fifth, unsanctioned group, La Banda del Distrito, has also joined in. “D.C. United Supporter Groups will not be providing organized support for the first four matches in protest of the club’s…
- Jaedyn Shaw scored a brace in the first half of the United States women's national team's 4-0 win over Argentina on Friday in the second CONCACAF W Gold Cup group stage match.
- Jenni Hermoso and Aitana Bonmatí helped Spain beat Netherlands 3-0 in the Women's Nations League semifinals on Friday, a victory that secured the world champions a spot in the Paris Olympics.
- Inter Miami completed the signing of midfielder Federico Redondo to a four-year contract on Friday, with a club option for the 2028 season.
- Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United will take part in a summer series, called "Rivals in Red," with games in the U.S.
- Thomas Tuchel, who will leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season, doesn't think he's the "only problem" at the club.
- Here's everything you need to know about watching MLS games including streaming and how to watch free.
- After not being named to the initial Gold Cup roster, Alex Morgan and Becky Sauerbrunn contributed to the USWNT's 5-0 win over the Dominican Republic on Tuesday.
- As much as the 2024 MLS season — Lionel Messi’s first full campaign following his arrival midway through last year — is all about the GOAT, there are plenty of other storylines to follow.
- Real Madrid's Toni Kroos has agreed to play for Germany for the 2024 Euro Championship after a request from coach Julian Nagelsmann.
- Check out the complete list of English Premier League winners dating back to 1888.
- Check out the complete list of MLS Cups winners dating back to 1996.
- Three of Europe's iconic soccer clubs — Liverpool, Barcelona and Bayern Munich — will all need a new coach at the end of the season.
- Gregg Berhalter joined the State of the Union Podcast to talk about Gio Reyna's early struggles with his new team, the issues with development at keeper lately and how he has grown as a coach since the USMNT's run in Qatar at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
- In the opening match of the 2024 MLS season, Lionel Messi assisted on both Inter Miami goals in a 2-0 victory over Real Salt Lake.
- The Canadian Soccer Players’ Association filed a $40 million lawsuit against 15 current and former board members of Canada Soccer.
- Lionel Messi's first full season in MLS began with replacement officials on Wednesday as the Professional Referee Organization continues its strike.
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Al-Nassr will head to the Asian Champions League quarterfinals following a 3-0 aggregate win over Al-Fayha in an-all Saudi Arabian matchup.
- Arsenal and Barcelona have work to do to reach the Champions League quarterfinals after both sides suffered disappointing results Wednesday.
- In a long post on Instagram, South Korea star Son Heung-min apologized for his role in the incident and called on the national team’s fans to forgive Lee Kang-in.
- Jim Ratcliffe invoked the famous words of Alex Ferguson in wanting to knock Manchester City and Liverpool “off their perch."
Igniting the North with a Blaze of MLS Soccer Glory
In the bustling heart of Canada’s largest city, a fire burns brighter than the skyline. Toronto FC, a team that has become synonymous with passion, resilience, and captivating soccer, has carved a place for itself in Major League Soccer (MLS) history. From the spirited cheers of the fans to the dazzling plays on the pitch, Toronto FC has ignited a fervor that reverberates not only in the city but across the entire league.
Toronto FC’s journey in MLS began in 2007, and over the years, they have grown into a force to be reckoned with. The team’s pursuit of excellence culminated in 2017 when they clinched the MLS Cup, bringing home their first major trophy. This triumphant moment was more than just a victory on the field—it was a culmination of years of dedication, hard work, and an unyielding commitment to the sport.
Nestled by the picturesque shores of Lake Ontario, BMO Field stands as the fortress where Toronto FC battles its opponents. The stadium’s intimate atmosphere ensures that every seat is a front-row experience, allowing fans to be part of the action and feel the energy of the game. The sight of the team’s signature red and black colors waving in the stands is a testament to the unwavering support that Toronto FC garners from its loyal fans.
Toronto FC’s fans, known as the “Red Patch Boys” and “U-Sector,” are more than spectators—they are an essential part of the team’s identity. Their chants, songs, and raucous celebrations create an electrifying atmosphere that transforms BMO Field into a cauldron of excitement. Whether in victory or defeat, the fans stand by their team, igniting a bond that transcends the sport itself.
Toronto’s multicultural fabric is beautifully reflected in the diversity of the team’s roster. Players from around the world converge to create a tapestry of soccer brilliance, infusing the game with global influences and perspectives. This international flavor adds depth to Toronto FC’s identity and resonates with the city’s multicultural spirit.
Every sports story is enriched by rivalries, and Toronto FC is no exception. Matches against Montreal Impact and Vancouver Whitecaps FC, part of the Canadian Classique, are marked by heightened intensity and fierce competition. These clashes are more than games; they are showdowns that ignite passions and fuel the fervor of fans on both sides.
Toronto FC extends its impact beyond the field, embracing the power of soccer to bring about positive change. From community outreach programs to charitable initiatives, the team’s presence is felt far beyond the stadium gates, illustrating their commitment to making a difference in the lives of others.
As Toronto FC continues its journey in MLS, the future shines with boundless possibilities. The team’s legacy is etched in the hearts of fans who have celebrated its triumphs, weathered its challenges, and remained devoted through it all. With each pass, each goal, and each season, Toronto FC stands as a beacon of soccer brilliance, a testament to the indomitable spirit of the North, and a reminder that the fire of passion burns brighter than ever on the Canadian soccer stage.